Der Himmel in der Haut - DO 23., FR 24. & SA 25. Februar, 20 Uhr
G U M M I T W I S T / Open Call for Choreographers
Supporting the challenge to jump
Gummitwist is a mentoring program hosted by Theater Felina-Areal, Mannheim. The project supports the
development of 3-5 beginning to mid career choreographers based within 100-kilometer radius of
Mannheim, Germany. We are searching for choreographers who are looking for guidance to support the
further development of their work. Gummitwist is directed by the Heidelberg choreographer Edan Gorlicki,
who will mentor the artists throughout the program. The program offers a workshop week with guest
teachers, creation/experimentation period of maximum 3 weeks and a presentation of results at Theater
Felina-Areal. Each choreographer selected will be offered financial support to work with up to 3
dancers/performers, a modest production budget and fee.
We are not looking for ideas of new works. We are looking for artists who are interested in improving their
The mentoring strategies will be constructed and designed together with each selected artist based on the
needs and interests of the choreographers in relation to the aims and goals of the artists, mentors and
- Choreographers application deadline: January 25, 2017
- All applicants will be interviewed by Edan Gorlicki via skype/phone: January 26 – February 3, 2017 (Interviews will be constructed in the English language)
- Jury meeting to select the choreographers: February 4, 2017
- Announcements of selected artists: February 10, 2017
- Workshop week (mandatory): April 10 – 15, 2017
- Creation/experimentation period of maximum 3 weeks (exact dates to be concluded with each selected choreographer): April 17 – May 13, 2017
- Exchange week (mandatory): May 15 – 20, 2017
- Presentations (mandatory): May 20 & 21, 2017
Artists will be chosen by a pre-selected jury of professionals based on written applications, online videos of
work (if any) and interviews.
Program language is English but applications can be written in both English and German languages.
To apply please send an email to email@example.com by January 20, 2017. Please attach to
your email the filled out application form, online links to previous works (if any) and a short biography.
For any questions or inquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gefördert durch den Landesverband Freie Tanz- und Theaterschaffende Baden-Württemberg aus Mitteln des Ministeriums für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst.